cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons License for NZETC digital resources

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Chris Esther" <cesther AT syntho.org>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons License for NZETC digital resources
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:10:50 +1200

Alison

NZETC is a fabulous resource and the use of CC licences is a great way
to indicate that people can freely copy, transform, derive and use
those licensed resources.

I am right in assuming that although the originals are out of
copyright that NZETC is asserting copyright over the digitised copies
of the works, therefore it is NZETC who is licensing the works and
those who use the works should attribute to NZETC?

Does CC licensing form any part of your acquisition process? Many of
those authors of current copyright works are still alive and can give
permission for them to CC license their work so that it can be made
available prior to the end of the copyright term.

Regards
-c-