cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons License for NZETC digital resources

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons License for NZETC digital resources
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 01:47:39 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Alison, great to see CC in use at NZETC. Perhaps the CC Public Domain License would be the one for the material that is out of copyright?
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/

Can anyone confirm whether CC ANZ has a localized version of this license?

RnB
Strypey

Quoting Alison Stevenson <Alison.Stevenson AT vuw.ac.nz>:

Hello,

Chris is quite right, our intention in using the CC licenses it to make
the digitised editions of these works available for sharing and re-use.
We have never asserted any rights over the original work. We'll update
the words on our "Copyright and Conditions of Use" information page to
make this clear.

In terms of CC licensing for original works which are in copyright we
have not talk to any of our contributors about this yet. However now
that we can demonstrate the license in use on the site it will be easier
to offer it as an option and we'll certainly talk to authors about this
in future projects.

Kind Regards,

Alison

Alison Stevenson, Director