cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Otago Polytech (was: Draft licence for consultation)

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Leigh Blackall" <leighblackall AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Otago Polytech (was: Draft licence for consultation)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:22:40 +1200

institutions should be scouring their collections and figuring out what digital pieces [ images/sound/film etc/ courseware] they can put into the cc domain

I had a list put together by Otago Poly's library of all the books, papers, articles, and other artifacts created by people from Otago Polytechnic. It is quite large. Next step is to have a service like Archive.org digitise it all and serve it under CC BY [author]/Otago Poly... well, the step/s before that is to look carefully at the content and negotiate with the authors... Listen to the interview I made with Archive.org regarding their willingness to digitise and serve for free. NZ Archive needs to be talking with these guys.