cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Draft licence for consultation

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Paul Murrell <paul AT stat.auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Draft licence for consultation
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:25:13 +0200

Hi

Brian Opie wrote:
> Kia ora list members
>
> In case you havenʻt already come across this information, here is the
> address for the consultation page which contains the first draft Creative
> Commons NZ by-nc-sa v.3 licence.
>
> http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/nz/

Thanks Brian. I saw the call for discussion, but did note a lack of anything to discuss :)

Not being a lawyer, I have grave doubts about my ability to contribute much to the discussion, but I have one layman's query on the draft ...

--
Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics

1. In the "You must" part of section 2.1, the third item starts with "not". Is there a good reason why this is here and not in the "You must not" part?

... and a general question that I asked a while back in case any more information has come to light ...

3. Will there be a NZ equivalent of the CC Public Domain dedications? (does the US version already work for NZ?)

Paul