cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Update

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "strypey AT riseup.net" <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Update
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:34:33 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Thanks for the update Brian. Great to see that things are moving steadily
along.
Especially great news about the funding. Thanks to everyone who made
submissions
in support of this. Thanks also to Adam for securing and looking after the
Cc.org.nz domain name in the early stages of this project.

Brian Opie wrote:

> The HRN Board will be meeting in the next month or so to discuss the
> development plan for the site.

I am keen to be part of this meeting. I will be out of the city for the first
two weeks of September but otherwise available.

> As a result, our team has finalised the draft of the first licence based on
> the current version (by-nc-sa: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike)), and
> this has been sent to the Director of CCi for her consideration. It is
> intended that the completion of the remaining drafts will occur as soon as
> we have received her endorsement of this work.

Does this mean that our version 1.0 licenses will be based on the English
version 2.5 licenses? If so this will mean a redraft of the NZ licenses will
be
required when the English team do finish their version 3 licenses, yes?

> 6. Publicising CC ANZ
> We are looking for opportunities to publicise the website before the launch
> of the licences. If you have any suggestions about relevant events, or
> would like some information to circulate, would you please write to Alastair
> Pharo <asppsa AT gmail.com>

This list could also serve as a brainstorming forum for ways to promote CC
licenses to Aotearoa. Don't be shy folks, let's hear some ideas for
promotional
projects, fields and groups we could focus promotional efforts on etc. To post
to this list just send email to (cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org).

One thing we could really use is a wiki space we could aggregate relevant
information, like lists of nz projects already using CC licenses. There are
three ways I can think of to set this up:
1) I could ask the crew if we can provide space on the Indymedia documentation
wiki - http://docs.indymedia.org/
2) We could set up a space on a non-profit collaboration site like -
http://www.openplans.org/
3) We could ask Alistair to add a wiki to the cc.org.nz site using a package
like Twiki - http://twiki.org/

Thoughts?

Hei kōnā
Strypes