cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] list admin

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jonathan Ah Kit <jonathan AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] list admin
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:04:13 +1200

Hello,

I'm happy to volunteer my time. I used to administer my very own Mailman server (a fun experience, seriously) and currently administer another ibiblio.org mailing list, if that helps -- I'd consider this to be an extension of what I currently do with the dr-fun-changes list.

What sort of spam is coming through, anyway? If I have the right idea here, one should be able to 'discard' messages from non-members. It just means people need to post from the address they subscribe from, which isn't a big hassle.

What say everyone?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
I'm happy to volunteer my time here. On the subject of list
administrivia, what do the members think of the RFC-disobedient munging
of the Reply-To header that this list does? I find it annoying that my
"Reply" button does what my "Reply All" button should do...

Jasper