cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] under a CC lic. ... national versions

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: homann AT colormanagement.de, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] under a CC lic. ... national versions
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:13:34 -0800

Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
Hello list,
I´m a newbie here, and this is my first posting...
I´m using CC License for offering testfiles judging colors on monitors and printers.
As I´m working from germany, I´m using both the german and the unported version in english of the CC license

Would it be possible to change the text for the unported licence in a way like

Work X by Author Y is licensed under THE Creative Commons Attribution 2.5
Unported License. If a national licence version is available at
http://creativecommons.org/international, this licence version is valid for
the usage of the licenced work in this country.

This is not necessary, as all of the ported (and unported) licenses are meant to be applicable worldwide. So you just probably just publish under the Germany license.

That said I'm not a lawyer, etc., and this is probably the wrong list for this discussion. :)