cc-metadata - [cc-metadata] what is definitive url for the creative commons xml namespace

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Roan Horning <roan AT horning.us>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-metadata] what is definitive url for the creative commons xml namespace
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:40:14 -0400

Hi,

When working with creative commons metadata and svg files, I keep seeing
the xml namspace url pointing to http://web.resource.org/cc/ (i.e
xmlns:cc="http://web.resource.org/cc/";). Was this the original location
for Creative Commons information? Will this always be the url or are
there plans to transition this to the creativecommons.org domain name space?

I'm using inkscape to create my test svg files. It uses the
web.resource.org/cc/ base url for the xmlns, and for pointing to the
various licenses' permissions, prohibitions, and requirements. However
for the actual license (i.e. Attribution Share Alike, Attribution No
Commercial) it uses http://creativecommons.org/licenses/ as the base
url. Although I have seen some old svg files on OpenClipArt.org which
use the http://web.resource.org/cc/ path to point to license info.

When parsing the rdf markup, should I just test for both url paths in
all cases, or is the http://web.resource.org/cc/ the definitive namespace?

Thanks,

Roan