cc-metadata - Re: rdf:about and PURLs

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: rdf:about and PURLs
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 06:55:06 -0700

Norman Gray wrote:
Say I want to attach some licence declarations to a web document referred to by a PURL -- what URL should I put in the rdf:about slot?

Great question, well asked. I wish I had a fully satisfactory answer.

Most existing documents with CC RDF say rdf:about="", but that's exactly the same as using the URI of the current document. Perhaps do that, but add <owl:sameAs rdf:resource="http://purl.org/..."/>. That way any RDF processor can make sense of the assertions about the current URL, and anyone who wants to drag in OWL can see that the assertions also apply to the PURL.

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21

  • rdf:about and PURLs, Norman Gray, 07/22/2005
    • Re: rdf:about and PURLs, Mike Linksvayer, 07/23/2005