cc-metadata - Creative Commons-based linguistic project

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: bkhl AT stp.ling.uu.se (Björn Lindström)
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Creative Commons-based linguistic project
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:05:49 +0200

I've just finished an article on a little project I've been working on
(and have previously mentioned). The long-term goal is to build a
linguistically annotated corpus from CC-licensed material harvested from
the web.

Any comments you might have will be welcome, in particular on the legal
parts of the article, which is not (which might become obvious while
reading) in my area of expertise.

The article is available here:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~bkhl/files/ccCorpus.pdf

Would anyone, after reading it, feel like playing around with the actual
program, see: http://stp.ling.uu.se/~bkhl/

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl AT stp.ling.uu.se>
Student of computational linguistics, Uppsala University, Sweden