cc-metadata - Re: Creative Commons-based linguistic project

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: bkhl AT stp.ling.uu.se (Björn Lindström)
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Creative Commons-based linguistic project
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:34:18 +0200

Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org> writes:

> Did you considered using rdfExtractor.py and ccRdf.py -- see
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cctools/ccrdf/ ?
>
> A quick skim of your lawyer.py looks like you're parsing CC RDF in
> comments as XML. rdfExtractor is a bit more flexible -- it will look
> for <link>'d RDF for example and in the future RDF-A when we get to
> that.

My initial plan was to use ccRdf. However, for this initial experiment,
my time was limited, and so was the documentation for the libraries you
mention. Thus I choose to stay with what I know, that is the ElementTree
library.

I'll probably go over to using ccRdf at some point, unless it turns out
to make the program significantly slower. (Which seems possible, as
ElementTree is really fast.)

In any case, thanks for your comments.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl AT stp.ling.uu.se>
Student of computational linguistics, Uppsala University, Sweden