cc-metadata - Re: Tagging image files

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Tagging image files
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:36:50 -0800

Tim Andonian wrote:
I am starting the huge task of tagging 1000s of photo files and I am wondering what the general consensus is for a good software solution. right now I am planning on using graphic converter.
http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/graphcon.htm
I want to eventually build a server that is a mix of CC and C content, but right now I just want to get keywords in the tags for my core group to search once OS X.4 comes out. But what I don't want to do is have used the wrong method at this step or placed the tag in the wrong way, having to redo work later on when I want to build a front end to the image archive.

Right now CC marking is only specified for XMP, see http://creativecommons.org/technology/xmp , which could also handle any keyword tagging scheme you want to use. I don't know what software supports embedding XMP in JPEGs apart from Photoshop. Sorry for this lame answer.

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21

  • Tagging image files, Tim Andonian, 01/13/2005
    • Re: Tagging image files, Mike Linksvayer, 01/13/2005