cc-metadata - Re: cc-svg documentation volunteer (was Re: Looking for CC graphics in scalable format)

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cc-svg documentation volunteer (was Re: Looking for CC graphics in scalable format)
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:08:19 -0700

inQscalableXformat)inkscapeXdevelopersXjonQcruzXandQkeesXcookXandimetonircforabitQthisXmorningQsummaryQthey'reQgoingXtoQmakeXinkscapeXusesvgQmetadataXQcompliantXwithXxmpcompatibleXwithXa
Inkscape developers Jon Cruz and Kees Cook and I met on IRC for a bit this morning. Summary: they're going to make Inkscape use SVG metadata compliant with XMP/compatible with Adobe Illustrator. XMP itself is a slight subset of RDF, and we're already recommending it for PDF (see <http://creativecommons.org/technology/xmp>). I think this will be a good thing for adoption & usefulness of both Inkscape and CC metadata.

Jon says he'll send a link to a page about XMP on the Inkscape wiki once it is up.

Thanks to Jon and Kees, and to Lucas for getting the meeting set up.