cc-metadata - Re: Intro & CC mp3 metadata

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: pinna <pinna AT autistici.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Intro & CC mp3 metadata
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:14:55 +0200

Lorenzo De Tomasi, Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:30:58AM +0200:
> For my thesis I'm working on an extended version of Xmp and DublinCore
> Metadata that describes any type of resources with more accuracy. I'm
> developing it to permit to find resources on the web with more probability
> of success, with special care for p2p nets and services like
> http://wwww.savannah.gnu.org or http://www.sourceforge.net
> If you are interested I can send you my work when it's finished (or now if
> you prefer) so we can discuss it and, if you want, you can help me
> implementing it.

I think that would be great! you may also spread your work in its
italian version: just contact the copyDOWN mailing list and your thesis
will be published on copyDOWN website.

copyDOWN is an italian project about copyright themes: we support
"no-copyright", "free for no commercial use" and "GNU/GPL-like license"
productions.

last week we linked (in our testing version website) a couple of thesis
freely released by their authors. you can see it here:
http://copydown2.inventati.org/features/scritti/

[it]
per qualsiasi informazione o precisazione puoi scrivere a me, ma ti
invito a dare un'occhiata alla versione in testing del sito web e -se ti
puo' interessare- iscriverti alla mailing list di copyDOWN.
stiamo cercando proprio persone interessate a discutere delle licenze
Creative Commons, alla loro possibile applicazione nell'ordinamento
italiano/europeo e a lavorare per la loro diffusione

bye ; )
pinna

copyDOWN is:

- a mailing list to discuss copyright themes, open licensing and news
(about 50 persons);
- a little website to promote copyright debate, free art and
communication creations;
- a ftp space to upload and download free and no(c) productions.

you are welcome to visit our website. unfortunately: it is in italian
language only, and also the mailing list is italian-speaking.

the website URL is
http://copydown.inventati.org
but we suggest you to give a look to the unofficial version:
http://copydown2.inventati.org
that soon will officially run. here you can also directly publish
your news, articles and multimedia files.

the mailing list's page is
https://www.inventati.org/mailman/listinfo/copydown
while its address is copydown AT inventati.org

many persons of copyDOWN crew also work in other projects somehow
related to communication freedom, Open Source and no-copyright:
http://vilipendio.inventati.org (music)
http://www.ngvision.org (videomaking) [*]
http://italy.indymedia.org (information and mediactivism)
http://www.autistici.org (freedom, hacking, privacy)

at the beginning of summer 2002, we noticed for the first time the
Creative Commons project. some of us gave it a first look.
then, in December, Neural magazine ( http://www.neural.it ) talked
again about it:
http://www.neural.it/nnews/creativecommonslicense.htm ,
and so did a national magazine (Linux Magazine).

so I decided to translate and resume Creative Commons guidelines,
to spread and propose them to the copyDOWN crew and to these
others projects.
you can find italian translations of CC stuff in the "Legal?" section
of the copyDOWN testing website:
http://copydown2.inventati.org/features/legal/

[*] New Global Vision has adopted Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
1.0 Creative Commons license for its video footage archive (140 videos)