cc-metadata - Re: Intro & CC mp3 metadata

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Chris Snyder <chris AT psydeshow.org>
  • Cc: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Intro & CC mp3 metadata
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 21:24:09 -0400

Mike Linksvayer wrote:

Creative Commons licenses are currently mostly used for content published on the web. There's a whole lot more stuff out there, including files shared on P2P networks. The following draft outlines a strategy for referencing Creative Commons license metadata in such content generally, and MP3 files specifically. Please, let me know what you think. I welcome and encourage all criticism.

Wow, thanks! That was very informative, and timely as I'm starting work on an audio-blogging project into which I hope to weave CC license support.

But since I already run an imageblog with CC license support, I have to ask: is there are recommended field for license data in JPEG, PNG, and/or GIF images? A while back I was considering ways to put it in the HTTP headers that would be served with each image, but it makes more sense to embed a license-info URL in the image itself.

So... IPTC? EXIF? Is it possible to agree on and publicize a standard?

chris.

--
do you have a photoblog yet?
http://fotola.com (help beta-test!)