cc-metadata - Re: Metadata on books

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Joseph Pietro Riolo <riolo AT voicenet.com>
  • Cc: Joseph Riolo <riolo AT voicenet.com>
  • Subject: Re: Metadata on books
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:19:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Yakov Shafranovich <research AT solidmatrix.com> wrote:

> ... if we need to put up
> some form of a disclaimer or policy to avoid getting letters under the DMCA.

There is no way to avoid getting letters as allowed by DMCA other
than making an agreement with each individual or entity that
promises not to send you letters which is difficult to accomplish
and enforce. As long as you are following the U.S. Copyright Law
to the letter even if it means to give up your Fair Use defense,
you have nothing to worry about DMCA.

Joseph Pietro Riolo
<riolo AT voicenet.com>

Public domain notice: I put all of my expressions in this
post in the public domain.

  • Metadata on books, Yakov Shafranovich, 03/11/2003
    • Re: Metadata on books, Joseph Pietro Riolo, 03/11/2003