cc-metadata - Metadata on books

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Yakov Shafranovich <research AT solidmatrix.com>
  • To: metadata AT creativecommons.org, licensing AT fsf.org, gnu AT gnu.org
  • Subject: Metadata on books
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:02:51 -0500

Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of the IBList.com project. We provide metadata on books and reviews to help people find what to read. Among the things we store is author and book names, author photographs, book cover images, and user submitted comments and reviews. We need to find out some information about the proper licensing for this and if we need to put up some form of a disclaimer or policy to avoid getting letters under the DMCA.

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich

  • Metadata on books, Yakov Shafranovich, 03/11/2003