cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] flickr and CC: noncommercial the most popular element

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Andres Guadamuz <anduril13 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] flickr and CC: noncommercial the most popular element
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 05:49:21 -0600

Re-use is a valuable objective, but it is not always the goal of people who share their work with CC. People's reasons and strategies vary greatly. As a person who uses NC licences, the fact that someone may not be re-using my content because of the licence choice doesn't really bother me. I believe I'm not alone in this.

Andres