cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Disclaimers for works of opinion as an incentive to free licensing

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Disclaimers for works of opinion as an incentive to free licensing
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 18:22:40 +0100

On 05/01/2012 06:23 AM, Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

At the present time, I have no better suggestion than keeping
the compromise about moral rights that were used in
CCPL ver. 3.0 in ver. 4.0 of the CC public license.

I see that the language used is from from Berne:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_rights_%28copyright_law%29#Berne_Convention

4.0d1 also removes the statement that the licenses do not reduce fair use/fair dealing rights. I would *very* much like to see this restored.

So possibly mentioning that the licenses do not affect moral rights or fair use/fair dealing is a nice balance.

I'm not sure the licenses need to be specific about the details.

- Rob.