cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 draft ready for public comment

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 draft ready for public comment
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 21:00:23 -0700

Hi Anthony,

Under v.3, licensees are obligated to provide the title of the work if doing so is " reasonable to the medium or means." The small adjustment to this obligation in v. 4 is that licensees are obligated to provide the title of the work "in any reasonable manner based on the medium or means used." In both versions, the title is only required if it is supplied by the licensor.

We're very interested in hearing thoughts on how this obligation works in practice (especially when it comes to attribution stacking issues), and welcome any ideas on how to improve it in later drafts.

best,
Sarah