cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gregor Hagedorn <g.m.hagedorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 19:49:11 +0100

Greg, you quote me below what you write, but I tried to say the opposite you imply. I may not have written clear enough. I propose a license where the NC or ND condition expires after a duraction or in a given year, not that the license expires (which then reverts to standard copyright). My argument is that this needs to be intuitive (expery of condition, not entire license), thus the proposed formatting proposals.  Adding just an EXP clause to the end of a CC license code could lead to the assumption of exactly what you describe as insane. -- Gregor