cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] DRAFT Creative Commons Statement of Intent for Attribution-ShareAlike Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Kat Walsh" <kat AT wikimedia.org>
  • To: "Development of Creative Commons licenses" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] DRAFT Creative Commons Statement of Intent for Attribution-ShareAlike Licenses
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:28:01 -0700

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
wrote:
> Comments and criticism welcome. See
> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8186 for an introduction and
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Draft_Attribution-ShareAlike_Intent
> for the draft.
>
> Note I'm sending to this moderated list for the development of CC
> licenses because development of this statement is directly relevant to
> the future development of CC licenses, and I want people from outside
> the immediate CC community to weigh in, some of them subscribed to
> this list with the assurance that is is moderated and low-volume,
> unlike cc-community.
>
> Of course discussion that veers from the above will be redirected to
> cc-community.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

First thought in response: this is great to see, Mike; thanks.

I'm particularly happy to see the explicit commitment to the freedoms
in the Free Cultural Works definition, the consideration of
compatibility with works keeping the same freedoms, and the regard for
the expectations of the usersof the licenses and the licensed works.

(Not that I may not pick nits later, but I like what this is trying to do.)

Cheers,
Kat
may have nits to pick later

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: kat AT wikimedia.org * Personal: kat AT mindspillage.org