cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft launch

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Claudio Ruiz <claudio AT derechosdigitales.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft launch
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:49:11 -0300

Either way, from the strict legal sense, in Chile we have a important legal problem waiving patrimonial rights. While art. 11 of Copyright Law stablish the waive of all patrimonial rights as a public domain situation, art. 86 stand all the patrimonial rights as unrenunciable by authors (??).

We've been in our National Congress debating the reform of copyright law and this is certainly a very important situation that we've pointed, but there's not solution at this time. I think this legal situation must be solved before spread CC0 in Chile. Sadly :(

Claudio