cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: paola.dimaio AT gmail.com
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:09:06 +0700

> But... going back to my example of libertarians.... Libertarians would
> reject some of this because it implicitly makes "the state" a part of "human
> rights".

that makes me draw a very natural line
those who accept the ethical restriction that could be stipulated
externally to the agreemnent, = as Terry said earlier - can use the
content under cc license etc etc
those who reject, cannot

> So... there are some that would disagree with this (as a whole). (Although
> there are parts of it they would agree to it AFAIK.)

and its only the latter I want to enter into agreement with

re/
>>http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html
>
> And... perhaps I'm not reading this correctly, but... that document
> contradicts itself in certain places. For example "Article 21(3)"
> contradicts "Article 3". (There's actually alot of parts of this that
> contradicts "Article (3)".) But I'm probably getting off topic.

possibly - but we get the idea what can be considered ethical

pdm