cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY-RY?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY-RY?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:55:03 -0800

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 04:20 +0100, Audun Myhra Bergwitz wrote:
> Wouldn't one solve the problems with NC by rather having a commercial
> license based on percentages? Ie something which says that you're free
> to use this any way you like, but if you make any money by the use you
> owe me X % of that in royalties (RY). Any percentage of 0 is 0, so then
> non-commercial would be anything where there's royalties=0?

You're free to offer any terms you want outside the scope of those you
granted with a CC license. There's no reason to add this complexity to
CC by-nc.

Offer your work under by-nc, give people an option to make commercial
use for a percentage (or any scheme you dream up). See for example
http://magnatune.com

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer