cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] different license for different bitrate

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] different license for different bitrate
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:39:03 -0800

heya, first up - i don't read the original posting as asking that. i read the original posting as asking whether you can have one version of the work under a CC license and a version of the work in a different format under an ARR copyright.

secondly, in your hypo, i think the answer is no. just because someone has offered something under one set of license terms (license A, let's say) and then another (license B), doesn't give licensee A the authority to switch to license B. however, as a practical matter this question may be moot because if licensee B became aware of the less restrictively licensed work then they could go and take a copy under that license and so become a licensee under that license.