cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] different license for different bitrate

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] different license for different bitrate
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 04:57:01 -0800

actually, i disagree....see e.g., clause 7(b) (referring to the BY license for ease of reference) confirms that: "Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms..."

the license is non-exclusive, thus it is perfectly acceptable for a licensor to offer one version under a CC license and one under separate licensing terms.