cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ParaDist Questions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ParaDist Questions
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:25:48 +0000

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

OK. Now imagine I design my snowglobe in a way that might be seen as
specifically designed to make removing the song difficult. No J-Tag
port, no circuit documentation or protocol documentation that might make
taking the data off possible, no easy solder points. If you ask I don't
give you a data sheet. I don't use encryption and because the components
I use are cheap, it's hard to to determine if this was intentionally
designed to keep people from doing it or not.

OK, but do people have tape recorders? I assume this snowglobe is actually playing the music so people can hear it. So I can capture the work from this particular instance of it without having to hope that the vendor keeps the non-snowglobe version on the server. With a high-quality microphone or by sticking pins in the speaker.

This is not equivalent to PD because there are no non-derivable instances of the work in existence.

- Rob.