cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:53:19 -0700

just to respond on alek's point about "significant institutional users" of the license - CC does consult various significant institutional CC licensors including in this instance, PLoS, BioMedCentral, Yahoo! (for Flickr)...this was also flagged in the procedure memo that was sent around well before the start of the public discussion. given the intensity & high volume of the postings on this list, i don't know that it's useful for us to recommend to those licensors that they participate in this forum. fwiw, all have come back with a thumbs up on the current proposed amendments.