cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Detailed discussion, was Re: PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Detailed discussion, was Re: PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:39:56 -0500

Terry Hancock wrote:
BTW, I think it might be worth noting, based on my earlier comment
about self-application of TPM and TPM-application being trivial and
invisible: the TK could provide package-specific TPM-wrappers, just
as they could proivd

Dang it. Should've deleted everything after "TPM-wrappers". I'm trying
to reference an earlier point I made about how the anti-TPM rule can be circumvented by selling wrappers instead of wrapped packages. The triviality and reliability of TPM-application (as opposed to binary-compilation) makes this possible. The TK could do something like this too, with the existing anti-TPM language, as long as it allows private application of TPM.