cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Does this case falls under CC Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: LinuxLala <linuxlala AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Does this case falls under CC Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:59:19 +0530

Hi everybody,

Some time back, I had raised a similar issue where I described a situation in which a wiki article under CC-NC was published in a newspaper. The general consent on this list was that this is a violation, even though the newspaper is not making money directly from that one article.

In your case, the money is much higher than what a newspaper costs and while the charge is for bandwidth, I believe that it is a violation since they are making money from a situation where your CC-NC property is being used.

Again, I am not a lawyer nor CC.