cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons & Copyleft question?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: rob AT robmyers.org
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Creative Commons & Copyleft question?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:25:03 +0100

Quoting Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian AT gmail.com>:

Copyright law, -NC, etc are all places away from liberty. To me, copyleft
law helps me get closer to having liberty.

PD's fig-leaves BSD and BY give you the freedom to remove freedom. Copyleft
gives you more freedom by removing this freedom. The argument that PD is the
most "liberal" state is true only until that liberty is removed.

- Rob.