cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Nova Christopher <n23ova AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:32:54 -0700 (PDT)

May I ask, how you make ends meet? What do you do for
a living, then?

I've fantacized going not only all-free-software-tools
(i like AVG antivirus, CCleaner, the Mozilla family of
stuff) but also off-the-grid completely (and speaking
of music software, a lot of what I use is actually
free, but the main sequencer. There are loads of
options for virtual synths and instruments/plugins
once you've got a solid host for them). I think in
some ways I've been able to not support the mass
market in favor of more grass-roots markets (such as
using biodiesel fuel I get from a local co-op in my
town for my car) but I find that too often, life still
requires money.

Even in cultures where 'money' is not present, barter
most often will be.

I'm just curious to know how others get on once
they've "left port for good?" What does that mean,
exactly?

--- Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>