cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 03:40:02 -0500

Nova Christopher wrote:
Terry, you seem to feel as though I'm not really "violating" the
terms of the sampling +1.0 with this competition, is that right?

Sorry, I haven't addressed that point at all, for a very simple
reason: I haven't got a clue!

I'm sorry, I just haven't read the 'sampling' license, and I'm not
familiar with its terms. I know the By, SA, ND, and NC modules
fairly well.

My only interest was in commenting on the prize suggestion
by Drew. I've held a free art contest before, although the results
were sort-of so-so. I gave out a gift certificate to Amazon, because
it was something I could send digitally (and it was on an anime
forum, so they could buy an anime movie if they wanted).

Cheers,
Terry