cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Which jurisdiction

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Malte Beckmann <malte AT greencurrent.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Which jurisdiction
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:01:57 +0800

Hello,

I have been working on a small online newspaper and would like to add a cc-license to the pages. It all seems rather straight forward except for the jurisdiction. How do I know what jurisdiction is best?

I am a German citizen enrolled at a British university currently studying and publishing my research from China on Chinese energy matters. I understand that I am not a resident of Britain anymore nor am I a resident of Germany. However, with my current tourist visa, I am not a resident of PR China either even though I am currently staying in China. What jurisdiction should I choose for the license?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
malte