cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:40:15 -0800

how to implement this is a big and important question. the current thinking is that, as mike mentioned, we build a wizard and let people work through it & then give us feedback as to whether they believe that the wizard is accurate as to what is & is not a commercial use. once we have this feedback then we can further develop the guidelines. ultimately, they would be incorporated as a link to the license generator & the commons deed as a illustrative guidelines - this way, licensors could view them when applying the license to their work & users could view them when using a CC-licensed work & thus, the guidelines would form a basis for the bargain between the parties.

as i think we've mentioned, the purpose is not to impose a rigid standard but to set out some parameters that deal with some of the easier cases....