cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC User License?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Prodromos Tsiavos <p.tsiavos AT lse.ac.uk>, cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC User License?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:11:14 -0800 (PST)

Here's a summary of some common characteristics:

I'm just acknowledging the existance of these characteristics that impact control over the user's experience, privacy and system security.  I'm not justifying whether the terms are legal, enforcable or appropriate.

Restrictions:
-no third-party software
-no reverse engineering
-no transfers
-no hosting
-no benchmarks or analysis
-age limitations

Contents:
-displays advertising
-intercepts or redirects web traffic
-collects usage information
-collects personal information
-contains DRM
-contains usage restricting technologies
-incompatibility can degrade performance