cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:33:44 -0500

On Saturday 10 December 2005 10:42 am, Peter Brink wrote:
> Peter Brink skrev:
> > I think most users of CC licenses sees some kind of personal,
> > possibly material, advantage with using an open content license.
>
> As compared to the perhaps more altrustic and idealistic ideals that is
> the driving force of the "belivers", I should add.

Oh I don't know. I don't think it is always a matter of altruistic,
idealistic
ideals and of believers. It can just as easily by a matter of self
preservation and of personal and material advantage.

However, I am not one of "the greed is good" believers either.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22