cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Notification option on licences

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Notification option on licences
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:40:53 -0500

On Thursday 24 November 2005 04:58 am, Richard Hopkins wrote:
> We are grant-funded to produce stuff.
> Re-use of our stuff increases our credibility and thus our prospets for
> re-newed funding.
> So we would want to include in our creative commons license the
> requirement that anyone re-using our stuff should tell us about it.
> I imagine that there are plenty of other people who would like to know
> of re-use of their material.
> So I suggest this a a fifht option for restrictions

And what happens when you go away? And what happens after twenty years when
use a work, you have to notify a million people?

Would it be better just to make it easy for people to notify you and to
perhaps provide some incentive for them to do so?

Should the CC startt the equivalent of the ISBN number system? The CC number
system. Let any producer get a prefix and add a suffix of their choosing to
create the CCWN (Creative Commons Work Number) of the work. Then this could
be required to be included in the license or the URL (URI?) or somewhere.

Then, google will tell you where your work is reused in the online world.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22