cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Question about NonCommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: wiki_tomos <wiki_tomos AT inter7.jp>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Question about NonCommercial
  • Date: 22 Nov 2005 11:33:57 +0900

Daniel Carrera wrote:

>Here is another idea. Instead of fiddling with the license, or adding
>"interpretations", I can choose to give people additional rights.
>
>So I could say: "You can use this material under the terms of the
>BY-NC-SA and IN ADDITION you are also allowed to make money in the
>following ways..."

(https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2005-November/002878.html )

I personally think that is a better way. And I suppose the clause
"This License constitutes the entire agreement ..." does not preclude you
from doint that (i.e. dual-licensing). But the clause does read like you
cannot
dual-license your work unless you contradict with that part of the license.

I am not a lawyer, so I could easily be wrong. (Not that lawyers couldn't be
wrong, though...)

Best,

Tomos