cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Question about NonCommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Question about NonCommercial
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:47:18 +0000

drew Roberts wrote:
Whenever I see efforts like this I think about the part in the license that tells the "user" that the license represents the whole agreement that they have and that no outside terms matter in relation to the license. (At least, that is how I have been reading that pert.)

Therefore, as a "user" I don't get much comfort from assurances that occur outside the license. If I am mistaken in this, I would love to learn how.

I see.

Well, in our case we're still doing that. We have the fortune of having a trusting relationship with our customers (small company, nice people) but I can see how this might not work in general.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org