cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Matt Burrows <mburrows2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: alexgenaud AT gmail.com
  • Cc: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:13:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

The key is intention - which can be stated expressly in an agreement b/w
creators or implied. In this case, it was implied that, at the time of
creation, the two creators intended to create one work. The copyright notice
listing both creators would be evidence of a joint work. There are other
components to this (which I can get into if you would like) but this is the
general concept.