cc-licenses - Re: Question: What does sublicense mean?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Question: What does sublicense mean?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:29:16 +0200

drew Roberts skrev:
I am having a discussion with someone that resulted from my reading his page here:

http://www.incompetech.com/music/collections/royalty-free/rock.html

The questin has come up:

What does sublicense mean in section 4.a. here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode

"You may not sublicense the Work."

A sublicense is a license granted by a licensee that grants some or all of the rights acquired under the original license.

There are quite a few legal dictionaries out there, one is: http://dictionary.lp.findlaw.com/

/Peter Brink