cc-licenses - Re: Different warranty disclaimers?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Robin Millette <millette AT waglo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Different warranty disclaimers?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:58:09 -0500

Robin Millette wrote:
Evan Prodromou wrote:

I suggest that a similar process -- conversion to text and then
diff'ing -- should be done for the iCommons licenses. It's a QA issue.

I'll take a poke at the iCommons Canada English licenses if you do the
French versions, Robin. B-) Sadly, html2text is kind of crappy at
handling non-Latin-1 character sets.

I'm looking into it, I'll report soon.

I used lynx -dump to convert the files to text, but that's it:
http://newton.waglo.com/~millette/ccpl-frca/

After diffing, I can affirm that the text is equivalent accross all licences in the french canadian version.

--
Robin Millette, aka oqp http://rym.waglo.com/wordpress/
http://www.cogitateurs-agitateurs.org/ - Cogitateurs Agitateurs