cc-licenses - Allowing the commercial use of derivative works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alex Chally <alexchally AT comcast.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Allowing the commercial use of derivative works
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:35:39 -0800

I accidently posted this to the community listing, I apologize to anyone who got this twice.

Is there any clause in the Creative Commons license that allows for the commercial use of derivative works?

Example: I create a t-shirt design and license it under the Creative Commons license. Someone creates a derivative work, maybe utilizing my artwork but changing the text. I would encourage them to sell their work, but I would like to retain the sole rights to produce the original commercially.

If there is no such clause, how would I go about crafting it?

Thank you for your time
Alex Chally
www.validconclusion.com