cc-licenses - Re: CC keyboard stroke

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "A. S. Bradbury" <asbradbury AT tekcentral.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC keyboard stroke
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:49:18 +0000

On Saturday 04 December 2004 11:33, Rob Myers wrote:
> A CC font would be a very good idea (howaboutit CC? :-) ). You get
> symbol and euro fonts. (cc), (BY), (/$), etc as symbols in a CC font
> (with a license similar to the one on the Apple symbol in Mac fonts, ie
> don't misuse...) would be very useful. They should be easy enough for
> someone with a copy of fontographer (or pfaedit) to make from the
> original artwork, and would be very useful for designers.

Take a look at http://creativecommons.org/presskit/ - there's a font that
contains the major CC logos in Mac Suitcase format for your use. I'm not sure
if I can get it to work in OpenOffice, but it definitely works fine in the
Gimp as-is. In that font, "B" is the CC circle logo, and A is the logo with
creative commons written next to it.

Alex