cc-licenses - Re: CC keyboard stroke

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC keyboard stroke
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:33:55 +0000
On 4 Dec 2004, at 06:47, J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:

Tim Andonian wrote:
After reading on the apple discussion boards about how to make a copyright symbol "using Option-g in most fonts", I wanted immediately to know how I make a CC key stroke.

I don't think you'll find one. Have you considered using a graphic in your document instead?

A CC font would be a very good idea (howaboutit CC? :-) ). You get symbol and euro fonts. (cc), (BY), (/$), etc as symbols in a CC font (with a license similar to the one on the Apple symbol in Mac fonts, ie don't misuse...) would be very useful. They should be easy enough for someone with a copy of fontographer (or pfaedit) to make from the original artwork, and would be very useful for designers.

You could then try and use MacOSX 10.3's key bindings to map to selecting the font and inserting the character.

- Rob.

--
Friends don't make friends do DRM.