cc-licenses - Re: Copyright of derivative work released under a CC licence

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Copyright of derivative work released under a CC licence
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:43:59 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:29 +0200, Raffaello Tesi wrote:

Now, I do understand that I'm the author of a derivative work, but I
think that I am the copiright holder of that, since I am responsible of
the full coding and behaviour of that work, which is meant to look as
close as possible to another one, but that is coded under a completely
different environment, and on which the original author has no
responsibility.
I think that if your work is sufficiently related to the original that you consider it a derivative work, you are not the sole copyright holder.

You should keep intact any copyright notices by the original author, and add your own.
	Copyright 2002,2003 Original Author.
	Copyright 2004, Raffaello Tesi.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou                  .O.
http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/       ..O