cc-licenses - Why do you have to chose the "Attribution" option with the new CC 2.0 Licenses?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gottfried Hofmann <toddd AT mypse.goracer.de>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Why do you have to chose the "Attribution" option with the new CC 2.0 Licenses?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:21:18 +0200

Hello,

I know only 4% chosed not to use the "Attribution" option, but is that really a reason to remove this possibility?

In my opinion, freedom is also freedom of choise. So a license that aims to be "free" should also give the authors the possibility to customize it towards freedom and not force them to chose restrictions they may not want even though the number of authors not chosing this restriction is rather low.

Currently, I'll stick to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sa/1.0/ :-)

There also seems to be another problem with the current attribution terms:

-Toddd