cc-licenses - Re: In Sync

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: In Sync
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:34:04 -0400 (EDT)

Evan Prodromou said:

> >> If she gives this movie away for free saying it also syncs with
> >> "The Wall", is that copyright infringement?
>
> GOB> no
>
> That's very interesting! As a copyright amateur, I would have probably
> said that the movie was a derivative work of the song "The Wall"

I think we had a conversation on the list a while back
where I agreed with you about this very thing. I've since been
researching a >lot< for a complete rewrite of
Drafting teh Gift Domain, and have since changed my tune.
Of course, my "tune" and the opinion of the courts are getting
farther and farther out of alignment, so I wasn't exactly
sure I had any legal ground to stand on.

I have a sci-fi novel that I think I'm going to publish
through Lulu.com and I keep having visions of "mini-videos"
strung together that are a bunch of free shorts that can
sync to all-rights-reserved music.

Greg

PS: does anyone know of any OpenSource CGI software?
I bought Poser and use anim8or, wasn't sure if there were
other options out there.